Learn ROBOTC programming geared towards FTC Teams
This class will give you all of the information your team will need to be successful this season using ROBOTC and the TETRIX platform.
Some of the content and resources found on this page are things the Robotics Academy thinks are important for you to succeed at your competition.
This class will be offered over 10 weeks with new content being posted every Monday. The planned list of topic is below:
Week 1: Prerequisites, Fundamentals, and Setup / Basic Movement
Week 2: Advanced Movement with Encoders
Week 3: Servo Motors - Normal and Continuous
Week 4: Basic Sensors - Sonar, Touch, and Light
Week 5: Advanced Sensors - Compass, IR Seeker, and Magnet
Week 6: Remote Control
Week 7: Competition Templates - Templates and Testing
Week 8: Variables and Functions
Week 9: 3rd Party Sensors Drivers
Week 10: Debugging Techniques
- Access to an NXT/TETRIX robot or use a virtual robot*
- The ROBOTC for LEGO MINDSTORMS Programming Language installed on your computer.
*if you are taking the course from home and don't have a robot with you, you will be able to complete parts of the course using the new Robot Virtual Worlds software
How to get started:
- Step 1: Sign up for a CS2N Account. Creating a CS2N account gets you access to training and CS2N features.
- Step 2: Enroll in Training You must log in (using your CS2N account) and enroll in this particular course in order to access the training materials.
- Step 3: Start learning how to program!