Log in to CS-STEM Network
Character Drop Competition
|Submissions||02/15/13 - 04/30/13|
What if you could pick a character from one book and drop them into another book? How would the other characters react? Would this character change the entire story or just a scene? It’s up to you to decide. Use any two of the eight Children's Choice Award finalists for your project.
Write a short story that has a beginning, middle, and end that introduces the new character, shows how their actions change the plot, and creates an alternate ending to the book or scene . Then use Sam Animation or other software to produce an animation or video to present your story!
Like most projects, it will be easier if you plan out your submission. We have created this storyboard course to help.
Submit your video or animation by April 15th (see Rules/Requirements for instructions).
Visit RC's Clubhouse to learn more about the Children's Choice Awards and the competition.
Rules & Requirements
- Students may work on the video as an individual or as part of a team. Teams could be any number of students up to a class size.
- Students can use any software to create their video, though CS2N has training and materials for SAM Animation.
- Students can use drawings and animation for their video.
- Projects will be rated based on these scoring guidelines.
- Projects may be uploaded to YouTube and then submitted on this page OR may be exported to a playable DVD and sent to the ACLA Administrative Office:
c/o Kristin Rama
22 Wabash Street, Suite 202
Pittsburgh, PA 15220
- Submissions cannot be longer than 2 minutes.
- The project must include at least one character from one book and a plot from a different book. The books used must be chosen from the 2013 Children's Choice Awards' list.
- Submissions must be uploaded to CS2N or sent to ACLA Administrative Office by April 15, 2013.