Introducing the New Palm Island Luau Edition
We are excited to share our newest version of Palm Island for Robot Virtual Worlds! Our first version of Palm Island was released in the Summer of 2011. Since that time, we've learned quite a bit and developed a lot of great features, so we decided to put together this major upgrade of the world.
There's a ton of new features and functionality included in Palm Island: Luau Edition, too many to give justice to in one short blog post, so we'll be highlighting different features in the coming days and weeks. A quick snapshot of some of these new features includes:
- A completely refreshed world with new art and immersion elements
- New side missions, a keyboard control area, and a line tracking element
- An in-game map and interface that updates as the player makes progress in the world
- A new Tutorial system that allows content to differ whether you're using Virtual Worlds for Mindstorms or Virtual Worlds for VEX Cortex
- Two highly detailed, printable maps of the island, and a new issue of Robotics Today Magazine
- Measurement tools that allow you to quickly view the distance and angles your robot needs to move
- A new main menu to log in, quickly get to content, switch between robots, and enable/disable features in the world
- Badges that players can earn as they make progress in the game, which can be tied to CS2N!
Of course, the best thing that you can do is download and install Palm Island: Luau Edition directly from CS2N. Like all of our Virtual Worlds, Palm Island is completely free if you have a Robot Virtual Worlds license, and if you don't have one you can try it for free. We would love to hear your thoughts about Palm Island!
Posted on March 11, 2013 in Announcements by Jesse Flot : 2 Comments
You must be logged in to comment
How do i play the game???? All activated and how do I return and play??• Posted on March 12, 2013 |
Check out the getting started PDF here - http://www.robotc.net/download/rvw/rvw-getting-started.pdf Just let us know if you have any questions!• Posted on March 14, 2013 |