Computer Science Profile Elon Musk
Here are just a few highlights from his career:
- Musk’s career began when he bought his first computer at the age of 10 and taught himself to code. At age 12, his entrepreneurial career officially began when he sold the code for a BASIC-based video game he created called Blastar.
- In the 1990’s, Musk enrolled at Standford to pursue a Ph.D in energy physics but, he dropped out after only two days to launch his first of many companies, Zip2 Corporation.
- In 1999, Musk co-founded X.com, an online financial services/payments company which eventually led to the creation of PayPal.
- In 2002, he founded the Space Exploration Technologies Corporation (SpaceX) with the goal of building spacecraft for commercial space travel. In 2008, NASA awarded SpaceX a contract to handle cargo transport for the International Space Station—with plans for astronaut transport in the future.
- Musk is also a part of Tesla Motors, a company dedicated to producing affordable, mass-market electric cars.
Watch Musk’s interview from TED2013 where he shares details about his visionary projects, including a mass-marketed electric car, a solar energy leasing company and a fully reusable rocket.
Posted on December 09, 2015 in Announcements by LeeAnn Baronett : 0 Comments